Domestic Abuse

Advice and Support for Non-UK Nationals

Have you been subject to domestic violence but worry that a status of ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ means you cannot get help?

If you feel scared of or around your partner or if you are worried about someone you know, get in touch with Scotland’s 24 hour Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline on 0800 027 1234 or visit for more information.

Scottish Women’s Aid has information for non UK nationals who are survivors of domestic abuse here:

Immigration, asylum and domestic abuse | Scottish Women’s Aid 

The Scottish Women’s Rights Centre has a website for details of services, resources and information which may be helpful to you. They also have a list of solicitors who have completed the SWRC Approved Domestic Abuse Training here:

Scottish Women’s Rights Centre | Find a solicitor 

If you require urgent support, you can also contact:Rape Crisis Scotland helpline on 08088 01 02 02. Information on this service and opening times can be found on their website.

The Law Society of Scotland cannot provide legal advice but can help by assisting you in finding a solicitor and providing information on other legal-related matters. Their website has a search tool and useful information such as FAQs about working with solicitors, legal fees, legal aid and other queries. 

aberdeen beach